Monday 7 December 2009

SHOPPING WITHOUT SPENDING A PENNY!

NO, I did not rob a shop, or steal some items of clothing. I went to a fashion exchange in aid of Macmillan cancer support or credit crunch chic, as I like to call it!

We all love fabulous new clothes, but are less keen on the unfortunate side effects.....our pockets. It's not our fault our bank managers don't understand the importance of shiny new shoes.

The fashion exchange is shopping without these hangovers. So this afternoon,along I went with clean, presentable good quality clothes that I no longer wear, or indeed have never even taken the tag off to wear, and swapped them for a few great steals. I came home with a large bag which inside included 3 dresses, a top, a cardigan and a pair of boots.

So from my experience, this is how it works:

- Have a rummage through your wardrobe, to find some quality garments that you no longer wear.

- Take your clothes to the event, and exchange your garments for fashion exchange tokens.

- Spend some time browsing the rails to see what there is on offer.

- As soon as the bell rings to declare the exchange as open, you may choose the same amount of items you brought in to exchange.

- Remember no scratching, fighting or hair pulling!!! (This is not an episode of Friends, where Monica went wild at the discounted bridal store lol)

I would highly recommend this form of shopping, find out where and when your local fashion exchange takes place.

No comments:

Post a Comment