Friday 27 July 2012

Let the games begin....(London 2012)

Where has the time gone… today London will host the Olympic Games for the third time, the only city to do so. When the last Olympic Games took place in London in 1948, Omega was there as the Official Timekeeper, and this will be the same for 2012. As most of you know, I am no longer in London anymore, guess I can’t time these events to fit into my schedule, should have got an Omega watch instead,of my Marc Jacobs one! Despite not being in my home town, Hong Kong is most definitely fully representing London 2012. A home a way from home. People rocking the t-shirts in the street, shop windows, underground station promotions and designers showing their support.
On a fashion note. Giorgio Armani, who has designed the Olympic team’s official kit, recently declared that London 2012 would be “the most fashionable Olympic Games ever”.
Ultimately, though, what every nation is striving for at these Games isn’t fashion kudos, but medals…..I feel very patriarchal at the moment, and will stay up till 4am HK time to watch the opening ceremony later …Go GB!!

No comments:

Post a Comment